The Dangers of Mold
Stachybotrys chartarum, Cladosporium, Aspergillus: scary sounding words, and the scientific terms for mold that can grow in buildings. A stubborn problem in many structures, black mold poses significant health and property issues and can be a headache to take on. Here are some important facts from the Center for Disease Control:
- Molds are extremely common in buildings and have a tendency to grow anywhere where there is moisture.
- Large infestations are often detected by smell or sight, but often occur in areas that may be concealed from open view.
- Mold can enter a structure in many ways, like open doorways, windows and ventilation systems.
- In hot environments where air conditioning is used extensively, spillover around drip pans in dark areas can be a hidden spot ideal for mold to take root.
- People with allergies, immune disorders or underlying lung disease are much more susceptible to complications from fungal infections, and should be conscious of the dangers of mold.
- Potential health issues with mold include nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, skin irritation and wheezing. Severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath.
The comprehensive services and experts at Beach Vacation Services can assist you with routine inspections to ensure that mold is never a concern at your property! For more information contact our office at (866) 264-7391.